Hi, all! This month, we have Summer Trivia hosted by the Mission Viejo Library once a week, on Friday! If you’d like to participate, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the zoom link.
I recently attended the Heroes and Villains trivia game, which was on July 16, 2021. It lasted about an hour, from 6:00 to 7:00, and it kept me engaged the entire time! There were three rounds altogether, with twelve questions per round. Plus, there were different avenues of popular culture represented, such as Star Wars, Marvel, DC, and Back to the Future! If you’d like a sample of the questions, here are a few that kept me on my toes!
Round One: Heroes
- What material is Wolverine’s claws made from?
- What is the name of Superman’s home planet?
- Han Solo boasts that he got through the Kessel Run in how many parsecs?
- Less than twelve parsecs (tricky!)
- In Back to the Future III, Doc Brown made a giant, steam powered machine in 1885 that created what?
- Ice (tricky!)
- What breed of dog is Scooby Doo?
- Great Dane
Round Two: Villains
- In the Back to the Future Trilogy, Marty McFly is antagonized by a member of the Tannen Family. Name each iteration as they appear in the trilogy.
- Biff Tannen, Griff Tannen, and Buford “Mad Dog” Tannen
- What is the name of Thanos’ home planet?
- What children’s television performer developed a murderous obsession with Bart Simpson?
- Sideshow Bob
- In the animated version of Sleeping Beauty, what color is the magical orb that tops Maleficent’s staff?
- Yellow (tricky!)
- Who voices the Joker in Batman: The Animated Series?
- Mark Hamill
Round Three: Heroes AND Villains
- What is the name of Doctor Strange’s “home base” in New York?
- Sanctum Sanctorum
- What is the name of Wonder Woman’s magical rope?
- The Lasso of Truth
- Which Disney villain uttered this line: “Your father has charged me with keeping peace in Agrabah. That boy was a criminal.”
- What is the name of Superman’s retreat in the arctic?
- The Fortress of Solitude
- What is the name of the Scooby Doo crew’s van?
- The Mystery Machine
How did you do? If you would like to sign up for further trivia, contact email@example.com to receive the zoom link. Here are the dates and themes:
July 23 @ 6:00-7:00 PM → Name that Tune: Disney Themes
July 30 @ 6:00-7:00 PM → 5th Annual Harry Potter Trivia