Who doesn’t like Guacamole? It is time to make some fresh. Here is what you need and what you can do when missing a few ingredients:
Ingredients (with substitution ideas for a few):
You must have 2 large avocadoes
2 cloves garlic (you can use 1 tsp garlic powder if you don’t have garlic, but it isn’t as good)
1/2 of a lime
1 pinch of cilantro – not the whole bundle, just pinch off a section the width of your thumb (if you are out of cilantro, just add more coriander when you get to that step)
1 tomato (you could add 1TBS salsa if you don’t have tomato)
1/4 tsp cumin (or just sprinkle once around the bowl)
1/4 tsp coriander (or just sprinkle once around the bowl)
salt and pepper to taste
How to make it:
1. Cut open the avocados and scoop them into your larger bowl.
2. Chop 1/4 onion and two cloves of garlic on your cutting board. Chop these very small. Before cutting garlic, turn your knife on its side and really squish the garlic into the cutting board. This sort of minces it a little. Then chop it up. Add these to your bowl with the avocado
3. Chop cilantro very well and add to bowl
4. Chop tomato and add to bowl or add your 1TBS salsa if you are out of tomatoes
5. Lime really helps your guacamole. You only need half of a lime. Squeeze it in if you have it.
6. Now add your spices: cumin, coriander, salt, pepper. I don’t measure and just sprinkle these once around the bowl. I added a measurement for those of you who like to be exact.
7. Stir with a fork to mix, and I will sometimes add a TBS of water if it is too thick to get a creamier guac. Only add a little at a time!