Because the majority of us have been staying home with lots of time on our hands, especially as it’s the middle of Summer, I thought I’d share how to make a fun homemade treat which only uses only a couple of ingredients. Homemade peanut butter cups may sound like too much work, but it’s actually quite an easy recipe and yields good results.
What You’ll Need:
Saucepan or microwave-safe glass bowl
Two muffin tins
-2 Cups Chocolate Chips (I used semi-sweet, but you can use milk chocolate or dark if you prefer)
-½ Cup peanut butter
– 2 tablespoons coconut oil–optional
- Measure the chocolate chips and melt them, either over the stove in a saucepan or in the microwave in a microwave-safe dish. Also, a quick tip–I’ve heard that adding a few tablespoons of coconut oil to your chocolate helps it melt into a smoother consistency, so you can add some to your chocolate if you’d like.
- While waiting for the chocolate to melt, line your muffin tins with muffin liners. Once the chocolate is evenly melted, begin spooning about a tablespoon of chocolate per muffin liner, or as much is needed to ensure that the bottom of the wrapper is covered entirely and evenly.
- Now, measure the peanut butter and place it in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds. Afterward, stir it gently and begin spooning about a tablespoon into each of your individual muffin liners. (This part can be a little messy, and I learned the hard way! I’d recommend putting your muffin tins with just the chocolate in the freezer until it hardens, that way when you’re ready to add the melted peanut butter, you’ll have a much easier time doing so.)
- Using the rest of your melted chocolate, spoon some chocolate on top of the peanut butter, enough until it fully covers the peanut butter beneath it; approximately one to two tablespoons.
- Place the muffin tins in the freezer for 30 minutes to an hour, or until they are fully hardened. Once hardened, take them out and allow them to reach room temperature before serving. Enjoy:)
This sounds very delicious and sure is an awesome way to spend your time during quarantine meaningfully but with fun at the same time!
Yum! I love peanut butter cups, so I’ll be sure to give this recipe a try!
Hi, thank you for sharing this recipe! I love baking and trying new things. We do have a lot of time on our hands, and I will definitely try this sometime.
These sound like a great treat! Even though summer is over I will certainly try out this recipe. Thanks for sharing!