Anyone who stays at the DoubleTree knows that the best part is the warm welcoming cookies homemade by the hotel. If you are opposed to making a reservation just for the famous cookies, this recipe is just for you.
Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ▢ 1/2 pound of softened butter (2 sticks)
- ▢ ¾ cup + 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ▢ ¾ cup packed light brown sugar
- ▢ 2 large eggs
- ▢ 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ▢ ¼ teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ▢ 2 ¼ cups flour
- ▢ 1/2 cup rolled oats
- ▢ 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ▢ 1 teaspoon salt
- ▢ A pinch of cinnamon
- ▢ 1 3/4 cups chopped walnuts (optional)
- ▢ 3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chip
- 1. Preheat the oven to 300°F
- 2. Cream butter, sugar, and brown sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer on medium speed for about 2 minutes.
- 3. Add eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice, blending with a mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for about 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy, scraping down the bowl.
- 4. With the mixer on low speed, add flour, oats, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon, blending for about 45 seconds. Make sure not to overmix.
- 5. Remove bowl from mixer and stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 6. Portion dough with a scoop (about 3 tablespoons) onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper about 2 inches apart.
- 7. Optional: Sprinkle a pinch of salt on top of each cookie to create a salty and sweet masterpiece.
- 8. Bake for 20 to 23 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown and the center is still soft.
- 9. Remove from the oven and cool on a baking sheet.