Tag Archives: Home Ec At Home
Home Ec At Home: Banana Bread!
Ella’s Secret Banana Bread Recipe Gluten Free, Dairy Free, and Refined Sugar Free
For this recipe, you are going to need dark (almost black) bananas. The darker they are, the better the banana bread will be. If your bananas aren’t ripe enough, place them in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2 cups of almond flour (or you can use coconut flour)
1 teaspoon of baking soda
½ teaspoon of salt
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
½ cup of vegetable oil (I use olive oil)
½ cup of coconut sugar
⅛ cup of maple syrup (use ¼ to ½ cup if you want it sweeter)
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1 ⅓ cups of mashed bananas (about 3 small/medium size)
Unsweetened chocolate (I use 100% cacao)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease or line a 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a small bowl. (You will later add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients)
3. Combine oil and sugar in a large bowl until fluffy. You can use a hand mixer for combining to make it easier. Next, add eggs and vanilla and mix well.
4. Mash up the bananas and combine with the wet ingredients.
5. Add dry ingredients and mix just until combined.
6. Chop up your chocolate bar into small chunks and add to the mixture. Mix until evenly combined.
7. Pour mixture into loaf pan and bake for 50-60 (I bake mine at 55) minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Make sure not to overbake.
8. Let it cool in the pan for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and cool completely on a rack.
The bread will last anywhere between 5-7 days. Keep it wrapped in plastic wrap, foil, or in a sealed container at room temperature.
Hope you enjoy it 🙂
Home Ec At Home: Sewing A Button
In this video edition of Home Ec At Home, Kaitlyn shows you how easy it is to sew a button!